Alternative Sinus Specialist in Centennial, CO
Understanding Sinusitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Risk Factors
Sinusitis is a common infection in the United States. However, the people more prone to sinus infections are asthma patients, smokers, or people with nasal allergies.
Sinuses are four hollow spaces in the head that can be found between the eyes, the forehead, the nose, and the cheekbones.
Naturally, sinuses are filled with air, but when they become inflamed, sinusitis occurs.
Sinusitis is a sinus infection caused by excess mucus buildup in the sinuses, common cold, nasal polyps, or medical conditions like Cystic Fibrosis.
Because of the similar symptoms between sinusitis, allergies, and the common cold, it can be hard to tell when you have sinusitis.
When should you see an alternative sinus specialist?
The sure sign you should see an alternative sinus specialist is when a common cold lasts more than two weeks.
Of course, this is only partially proven because some common colds last more than a week. However, if you feel pain or pressure in your sinuses, sinus tenderness or swelling, tiredness, fever, itchy throat, difficulty sleeping or breathing that lasts for more than 3 months, or symptoms that come and go on a monthly interval, you need to see a sinus specialist.
Here are some symptoms you should look out for:
- Facial pain or pain in your sinuses.
- Pus discharge
- Nasal congestion
- Persistent coughing and aching throat.
- Sore throat after post-nasal drip.
- Bad breath is caused by infected mucus dripping from the throat to the mouth.
- Smelly and thick yellow or green colored mucus in the nose.
- Blocked nose and decreased sense of smell.
Sinus infection can also worsen due to the following:
- Uneven tissue walls in the left or right nostrils (deviated septum).
- A weak immune system
- Exposure to high clusters of germs or bacteria.
If you notice any of these symptoms or have a medical condition that can worsen sinusitis, you should see an alternative sinus specialist.
Benefits of an alternative sinus specialist
Alternative sinus specialists are trained to treat sinus and nasal infections.
They perform procedures that improve or eradicate sinus symptoms.
Alternative sinus specialists treat nasal inflammation by assessing the symptoms resulting from toxins like food or environmental allergens.
These allergies that cause sinusitis can be treated with healthy nutrition and nasal relief procedures.
Here are some of the procedures carried out by an alternative sinus specialist:
- They ask about your symptoms to be sure you have a sinus infection.
- A blood test is carried out to confirm infection and to know if you have acute or chronic sinusitis.
- If confirmed, alternative sinus specialists will identify infection triggers by asking you specific questions.
- After triggers are identified, an allergy treatment procedure is carried out, which involves helping you release trauma stress and recommending nutritional therapies and strategies to manage your mental health.
Find an alternative sinus specialist near you
Do you have a sinus infection or any sinus-related problems? The Wellness Way is a health and wellness center in Centennial, CO, with alternative sinus specialists that are focused on inflammation and its effect on the body.
If you need help determining what service you need, find your condition and visit our center.
At The Wellness Way, we believe allergies and inflammation result from traumas, toxins, and thoughts. We treat our patients based on these approaches, and we’re determined to discover the cause and treatment to get you back on your feet.